Civil engineering is one of the most popular and broadest fields of engineering. It is a branch of engineering that deals with design and construction of highways, buildings, dams, tunnels, bridges, and other similar facilities.
A civil engineer is a person who is accountable for designing and managing the various structures, and infrastructures. Civil engineering is a highly proficient field of engineering. The main construction civil project parties are the owner, the engineer and the contractor. The owner requirements are intimated to engineers, who in turn, guide the owner in the mode of construction civil, keeping in view the minimum safety requirements, shortest possible period of completion and minimum cost of construction civil. A good proposal can be achieved by a team of construction engineers, architects, general contractor, special contractor, manufacturer, materials dealers, equipment distributors, government bodies and agencies.
The construction civil engineers primary duty is to exercise quality control during the execution of the project. Depending on the nature of the work, a number of types of contracts are used in the building industry. In projects where execution of work is to be carried out by the use of construction civil equipment,
The two crucial aspects within this field is consulting engineering and contracting engineering. The key responsibility of consulting engineers is to design a specific project whereas the contracting engineers deal with the actual construction where they play a significant role to transform a designed layout into a real architecture. Civil engineering further encompasses many other specializations that are an essential part of the sector.
A civil engineer is engaged in many activities starting from the selection of the site to the final construction. Some of the key roles and responsibilities of a civil engineer are as follows:
• The first and foremost responsibility is to analyze various factors and areas concerning construction.
• Search, investigate, and analyze site location and also verify its feasibility for construction purpose.
• Make a plan with regards to what are the key essentials and what needs to be changed prior to construction.
• Develop detailed design layout as per the requirement of the clients.
• Review and approve project designs and reports.
• Assess potential risks and challenges of the planned project.
• Undertake necessary steps and initiatives for risk management.
• Put across the site and construction proposal to the specified officials and supervise the tendering process.
• Ensure that the said rules, regulations, and guidelines are followed.
• Check for safety measures while the project is undergoing.
• Analyze and examine different equations, strategies, and applications to ensure appropriate procedure application.
• Ensure working of all tools and techniques like the chemical testing procedure, drafting software, land surveying technique, and electrical test devices.
• Monitor the working of staff and operations on the site.
• Communicate and interact effectively with other architects, consultants, and sub-contractors.
• Think logically and creatively to resolve various issues in the development process.
• Consider well the proposed budget and maintain the same.
• Set a perfect schedule for purchase of raw materials and equipments.
• Ensure that the project is completed by the committed time within the planned budget.